jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the role of a teacher in your life?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

What is the role of a teacher in your life?

2. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

I had two very important teachers in my life - the first was my first grade teacher. Since I did not go to kindergarten, she was my first experience with a teacher. I was very shy and she took the time to help me feel comfortable in my class. She was awesome.
    My fifth grade teacher encouraged me to become a teacher when I was in his class. He is the reason I teach the way I do. He made learning fun and exciting. He taught me a love of poetry by having us draw a picture of our feet and write a poem about our feet. He also did other fun things to help us learn the different types of poetry. He also always had my back. Since I was still very shy, he made sure I always had someone to work with and gave me tasks during recess that made me interact with other children. Later in life he became the principal at my daughters' school, so I had the chance to tell him what an influence he was in my life.

3. AureliaMilani profile image54
    AureliaMilaniposted 6 years ago

Everyone who read this question began to think over about teacher that have a great influence for their life, because everyone have such teacher in their life. They gave us basic knowledge which we use throughout our lives. we need to visit them from time to time and say "THANK YOU"!!!

4. MazioCreate profile image72
    MazioCreateposted 6 years ago

I believe anyone can be a teacher, and either for a non trained person or an educationalist the role is the same.  My goal as a teacher, has always been to guide learners to discover answers or information for themselves.  Initially I will present information that is an essential key to developing these skills.  Once the learners have developed an understanding of the concepts and can effectively apply them, I give them the opportunity to apply the skills in 'real life' situations.  Using this theory, the role of a teacher is to develop appropriate delivery methods and material that will assist a learner to develop an awareness and understanding of concepts.  They are then guided to apply these concepts in their lives.