jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

It sems ironic to me that those who were C students at my colege were more sicce

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

It sems ironic to me that those who were C students at my colege were more siccessfu; careerwise

than those who were A students.   All the A students from my college class ended up in mediocre jiobs while the C students have high powered careers.   Has anyone else encountered the same thing as I have?   Aren't A students supposed to be the MORE successful ones in life?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 6 years ago

School often rewards those who do best at the educational and testing processes you find at the school, and test scores aren't necessarily an accurate reflection of overall intelligence, ambition, perseverance, luck and actions.

3. Cat R profile image74
    Cat Rposted 6 years ago

We had something similar in the Air Force. We had people that made rank fast because they were booksmart. But you took them out on the Flightline and they were worthless and sometimes even dangerous.
    Those that were 'street-smart' had a hard time making rank because they couldn't pass the rank tests.

I know a lot of great 'Leaders' that the 'troops' would follow anywhere, but they couldn't advance because they weren't booksmart.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

I have noticed that there are typographical errors in my question that was posted.  I am sorry for these grievous typographical errors in this question.  It does not pay to type in the dark!  I apologize deeply.   The question should have read: It seems ironic to me that those who were C students at my college were more successful careerwise than those who were A students.  All the A students from my college class ended up in mediocre jobs while the C students have high powered careers.  Has anyone else encountered the same thing as I have?  Aren't A students supposed to be the MORE successful ones in life?    I have corrected this question.

working