jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can we imagine our life without electricity??

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Can we imagine our life without electricity??

2. ronhi profile image76
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

Did you know there are places on this planet where electricity is still a luxury that most do away with due to poverty? And life still goes on for them....

3. thearbiter0808 profile image58
    thearbiter0808posted 6 years ago

i'd say, electricity is a treasure for almost everyone. We all have gadgets that we can't live without, i.e. laptop, tablets, music players, etc. And without electricity, how can we write here in Hubpages? But really, I still go to places were electricity is scarce. You'll be amazed at how they still survive being left behind by modernization.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

easily. i lived without it for years and many people still do. personally i love having it but i could live without it if i had to.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I can imagine it. Candles, a fireplace, feather ink pens, horses, sewing, building your own house (I would live in a cave because of this factor), killing someone and getting away with it, etc. Oh, yeah. I can definately see that last one. Can you?

6. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I've done it but you will miss the little things, like running water and a sewer system more than you will miss luxuries like lights and internet.

7. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

I do. Often with my company we do trips for above a week in the nature with no cell phones, computers and other present day distractions.

We only get gas lamp (one that can be used for cooking also), gas lighter, matchbox, portable tents.

There is some unique feeling to grab only a backpack of stuff and food and go somewhere.

working