jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are the most important elements required for a good writing?

1. learner365 profile image77
    learner365posted 6 years ago

What are the most important elements required for a good writing?

2. Poethepoet profile image75
    Poethepoetposted 6 years ago

A good imagination is definitely needed for writing. Keep those questions coming learner365.

3. Ben716 profile image88
    Ben716posted 6 years ago

Perseverance or discipline. They are important when it comes to revising or editing the manuscript you have worked on to ensure spelling mistakes, punctuation and such are dealt with and that there is good flow of information or story.

Another thing: Passion. If you love what you are doing - writing - then you will be writing articles or stories that speak both to you and and the audience.

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

I think the first one may seem obvious - and that's to enjoy what you do. There are a lot of 'writers' who, well, write for money, not for the love of writing, so they get no real sense of achievement or joy out of it. When a writer enjoys their craft, I honestly do think that this shines through in their work and this does encourage readers to keep coming back. Secondly I would say learn by reading others and by writing as much as you can. Writing is an art/craft and the more you practice and learn the better you become. Thirdly always proof-read and edit your work and proof read and edit your work yet again. When you produce articles/stories/poems/essays that are error free then people do give you much more respect and they trust in you to always produce high quality work. Producing high quality work is one of the most important elements.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Good grammar (see my grammar articles for help); interesting to yourself or others; full of good, clear images; formatted in a way that is easy to navigate (not all one paragraph, and include subheadings); makes the reader want to know more.

6. vinner profile image77
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, if you are writing non technical content your language and creativity are the things that matters. But if you are writing technical things, your brevity and correctness of data is more important

7. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 6 years ago

Good punctuation and spelling. And no chatspeak!

No matta how intresting da article may b, im not goinggg To b able 2 read it if

if it looks like this,,,, lol.

Apart from that, good content is important.

8. A.S.K.Preacher profile image61
    A.S.K.Preacherposted 6 years ago

Intelligent, truthful, readable language. Being colorful, not in a vulgar venacular, but being able to use words to express an idea in a new way.

working