jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Entreprenuering a good college major?

1. grayson3793@yahoo profile image60
    grayson3793@yahooposted 6 years ago

Is Entreprenuering a good college major?

I want to be self-employed in the future and own a business. I'd like to hear some opinions (preferably from those with knowledge or experience related to entreprenuering) on whether this in an intelligent choice or not.

2. luciano63 profile image77
    luciano63posted 6 years ago

I guess it all depends on your strong will to make it because to own your business requires a lot of efforts, passion and different roles played at the same time specially in the starting phase....however if you love it you will be very passionate to move on no matter what type of difficulties you might encounter...just like my father did all his life!

3. keithlipke profile image58
    keithlipkeposted 6 years ago

Do you have a product? a service? a business yet? Everyone wants to be a business owner...its no big surprise. Don't get a degree in entrepreneuring because that won't get you anywhere. Get a regular degree and a regular job first. Learn the trade first then own a business.

Keith

4. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 6 years ago

Right now I am studying for a degree in Business Management with a specialization in internet marketing. So far it has provided me with several great courses that would help me successfully realize and properly run a company. It doesn't mean I am guaranteed to succeed as an entrepreneur but it does provide me with a solid backbone to stay on the right track. If school isn't an option you can always research more information at sba.gov and also take a look at what people are doing at http://www.entrepreneur.com/

5. grayson3793@yahoo profile image60
    grayson3793@yahooposted 6 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate all the input. I'm thinking I more than likely would want to open nightclubs or something else relating to entertainment. I think getting a degree in entreprenuering would be beneficial for, like you said TechTrendy, helping me establish a backbone so I'm more confident with my decisions. Plus it gives me something to fall back on if I end up being incapable of running my own business. And I also agree with you, luciano63, about the dedication part. It most definitely takes passion and drive.

working