jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there an answer to "Is my class half full or half empty?"

1. Tony the writer profile image73
    Tony the writerposted 6 years ago

Is there an answer to "Is my class half full or half empty?"

2. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

Anything split in half has two "equal" parts, so relating to a glass (I assume you mean glass as oposed to class) being "half full" or "half empty", either would be totally correct.

3. loveorlost profile image36
    loveorlostposted 6 years ago

If you positive than you will say the glass is half full but you you always looking for negetive than you might say the glass is half empty.

4. profile image0
    Author Karin K.Hposted 6 years ago

It depends on the optimism of the person who is drinking from the glass in the first place. But meant as a retorical question, I say the same. You have a person who will always say "Ah god thats it now sure its half empty" or you have the other side of that when a person says "yeah, now there ye go half full, sure only great things can happen". Personally i like to think everything is half full as opposed to half empty. Life is too short ot be thinking otherwise..

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I tend to follow the idea that everything starts out empty. When your class first opened at say 12 midnight in November for the Spring semester, it was at first empty. Then over time it filled up. Starting out fast, then to a trickle. So it would be half empty.
    However, this idea still never stops me from saying a glass that I lay eyes on is half full smile I just think we are taught to be happy and to think positively. It's been told to us by our parents and relatives and teachers and friends. We just get used to it.

6. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

To me, it's just a quote about perspective.  Obviously, there is a fact of the matter, and the glass is half-filled and half-empty.  But the saying really is trying to get us to think about how to see a troublesome situation.  Is there room to learn from it and improve, or is it the beginning of a never-ending downward spiral?