jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What five people most influenced who you are today?

1. EyesStraightAhead profile image83
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

What five people most influenced who you are today?

Thinking of anyone who has influenced your life, from your diety to an author or a child, who are the five most influential figures in your life and why?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

My parents, from them I learned what unconditional love is between man and wife.

Chogyam Trungpa because he wrote as it was, Osho because of same reason as Trungpa.

Shunryu Suzuki and Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki, both Zen Masters who taught by example.

3. profile image56
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

I would have to say my father is the most that has influenced me because he was always telling me I could do anything I put my mind to , then I have a cousin that I have always looked up to she has always been their to support me.
    My husband he keeps me grounded, my stepson he has taught me how to be a good step mum, my gorgeous daughter she reminds me how I was growing up and how independant I was.
    Lastly a teacher I had in grade 2 that showed me that I can help other children learn and that is what I am doing and I love it.

4. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

my Mother
    my Father
    my first teacher
    my high school journalism teacher
    my college algebra teacher
    My Mother and Father provided me with the belief that I could do whatever I set my mind to; they taught me to believe in God and His power to sustain me; they taught me to be the best I can be; and they taught me to be open-minded.
    My first teacher taught me to be patient and to keep trying and to believe in myself. She taught me about kindness as she was so kind and gentle to each of us.
    My high school journalism teacher gave me the courage to write and the tools to learn how to write well.
    My college algebra teacher helped me to really understand math and the operations and the puzzles of math for the first time in all of my years in school.

5. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Wow, good question:
    1.  My Mom--most of what I learned, I learned from her.  She has taught me so much, including the importance of a walk with God.
    2.  My Dad--he too has taught me so much.  He has taught me to stand up for my beliefs, and he taught me the importance of hard work.
    3.  My brother--I have always looked up to my older brother.  His close walk to the Lord has shown me how important my own relationship with the Lord should be.
    4.  My youth Pastor--he was my youth pastor for 7 years.  He taugh me so much from the Bible, and he told me to "Never give up on God."
    5.  My Pastor--he faithfully brings forth God's Word every Sunday and Wednesday.  He has taught me so much from God's Word both by speaking and by living it.
      There are many more things I could say about these 5 people, but I don't think I have enough room on here!  There are others who have touched my life in many ways as well!

6. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

There are more than five that have influenced me...My God that provides me with everything in my life...My parents - Dad who taught me how to live and Mom who taught me how to live...my children who gave me the reason to live and love...my husband who loves me no matter what...and my teachers Mrs. Sealy and Mr. Wasinger who taught me to love the job I live for...