jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can you do with major in Mathematics?

1. urmilashukla23 profile image79
    urmilashukla23posted 6 years ago

What can you do with major in Mathematics?

My daughter loves math and wants to major in this  subject as an undergraduate course.

2. Caleb DRC profile image80
    Caleb DRCposted 6 years ago

Hi Urmilashukla, Your daughter loves a field( discipline) that will open up to her fantastic and unbelievable worlds and dimensions( figuratively, and literally). It is foundational for a career in engineering, most of the sciences, economics, and complex businesses. She is truly blessed if she loves it. It will take her to the edge of the universe so she can determine the rotational energy of a galaxy, or to the inside of a DNA molecule to find its informational density. She can discover how 2 grains of sand with uncancelled electrostatic charges will repell each other with a force of 100,000,000 tons! Plus she can make a lot of money and be a great benefit to society when she knows it well. With it she can build bridges, and skyscrapers, particle accelerators and medical equipment. She can enter hyperspace(>3 dimensions), which is impossible to do without it. Tell her to stand firm and don't give up. Another world and vision awaits her. DO NOT GIVE UP!

3. Devout Maven profile image60
    Devout Mavenposted 6 years ago

The best would be to pursue the same in post graduate & if possible a Phd. Academics would be the best option.

4. TFScientist profile image90
    TFScientistposted 6 years ago

Anything.

The skills a maths degree teaches (analytical thinking, use of number, working to deadlines, orginality) are highly sought after in all fields.

I once sat in a biology lecture in my first year of uni where we were told that Biologists were 10 a penny and we need to prove we are worth a job. Physicists and Mathematicians can walk into any job they choose.

working