jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What thing you know now that you wished you had known 10 years ago?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

What thing you know now that you wished you had known 10 years ago?

For example, I wish that I had known the dangers of sugar 10 years ago.

2. iamageniuster profile image75
    iamageniusterposted 6 years ago

I wish I knew I should always listen to inner voice, instead of giving in to peer pressure.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image77
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

I wish that I had known that the need for quality foods and fresh drinking water would be one of the worlds greatest needs as we head into the future. If I had know this 10 years ago, and began my great adventure, "to feed the world's people," I would have been 10 years ahead.
    Dr. Haddox

4. skys profile image60
    skysposted 6 years ago

I wish I would know that I won't be successful in the Accounting and Finance Field so I would not waste my 7 Years

5. Buffoon profile image79
    Buffoonposted 6 years ago

Nothing. I'd be a different person if I'd known different things. And I'm quite happy with the way I am now. So even if I learned quite a bit of stuff in the past 10 years, the learning is what made me who I am today smile

PS: There's nothing wrong with sugar. Sugar in excess, however.... hehe

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

YES!  I wish I had realized that not taking care of myself would suddenly careen out of control in the my 50's.  It is easy go along and say - well I'm doing, well, I am healthy and all this nasty eating hasn't really hurt me.

WRONG!  It will suddenly accumulate like the water at the edge of a dam and there you are battling something that you could have easily take care of years ago.

7. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 6 years ago

Mostly I know that I have learned and grown from things I had to learn the hard way.  However, there is one thing that I wish I had really known..... that you cannot count on those closest to you when you finally need a shoulder.

8. LucidWarrior profile image61
    LucidWarriorposted 6 years ago

If I could turn back the clock at all I would turn it back to 1990. I would have invested more time into myself, healing emotional wounds and boosting my sense of my potential. Had I done that I would have attracted a healthier relationship and mother for my children. You just don't realize how much of your life you invest into marriage until it is over.

9. profile image0
    Emer420posted 6 years ago

That being yourself is the only answer to a happy life.  I wish I could have embraced my true identity better then I did in the past.

10. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

I wished I'd know I have sensitivities to certain foods and should avoid them for the most part.

working