What are obstacles that have prevented you from meeting goals that you've set in

1. Joshua Fallis profile image59
    Joshua Fallisposted 6 years ago

What are obstacles that have prevented you from meeting goals that you've set in the past?

How will you overcome these obstacles in the future should they stand between you accomplishing your goals in the future?

2. cobrien profile image75
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

I have Bipolar Disorder that has been very difficult to treat. For years, I bounced from one thing to the next like a ping pong ball, accomplishing nothing in life and getting in a lot of trouble. i am still chronically depressed and it causes motivational issues. So, my answer is that my obstacles are mental health issues and lack of money to see the doctor when I need to.

3. SopranoRocks profile image59
    SopranoRocksposted 6 years ago

I, too, have Bipolar Disorder and financial issues.  Seems like most of my life was a long line of failures and started then stopped ideas and ventures.  I did finish my Bachelors Degree but it took me 6 years and my grade point plummeted toward the end when I was too ill to go to most of my classes.  My ex-husband, who knew I had the illness and was with me through many bad years even before our wedding, ended up not coming home for days and sneaking off with his secretary because it became too much for him (then divorced me to marry her). My father even warned him but he insisted he would fight it with me. I have been in med and therapy treatment for almost 15 years and I have been living on disability since 2005.  So my finances are very limited and I went through 8 years of obesity from med side effects and depression. I could write a book about all this (and I actually have started one) but I'll just say it is very difficult to succeed in things other people find easy.  The trick has been to accept this is the new me and mourn the old me (I first had symptoms in my teens and actually had my first depression at age 12) and to live with, around, and despite BP all at once.  I do feel better now than I have since I was a child and wish to attempt my goals and work again.  One day at a time.

working