Is the pursuit of happiness your goal in life?

1. romper20 profile image84
    romper20posted 6 years ago

Is the pursuit of happiness your goal in life?

If you could pinpoint a specific goal in your life what would it be? Would it be the Pursuit of Happiness? World peace? Your child's pursuit of happiness? Looking forward to retiring? You get the point! What is your ultimate goal in life?

2. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

I don't pursue happiness - I live happiness. Joy is a state of mind and a choice. Serving others, living each moment as if it were my last and doing what's right brings fulfillment.

Loving everyone, and beginning each day with prayer as well as ending the day on my knees brings comfort and guidance to me.

Remembering gratitude when times are tough is a wonderful way to gain positive, mental strength.

My ultimate goal is to be the best person I can be.

Thank you for your question.

3. larcaustin46 profile image86
    larcaustin46posted 6 years ago

What a wonderful question!  For me, it's not the destination--it's the journey.  Too often, we forget to enjoy the process and growth associated with the pursuit of any goal, and thus find that achievement of that goal leaves us feeling a little empty--or in the words of Peggy Lee, "Is that all there is?"  My ultimate goal in life is to have lived and fully experienced every minute of it, good or bad, and to have gained insight and wisdom from my journey.

working