Did you go to public school, and if so, did it benefit you or harm you? Or both

1. hazelbrown profile image93
    hazelbrownposted 6 years ago

Did you go to public school, and if so, did it benefit you or harm you?  Or both?

Do you think you would have thrived more in a private school or if you had been homeschooled?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I went to public school and since that is all I know - I can't say if private would have been better for me.  Public school didn't harm me, and I have to assume it benefited me.  I had some great teachers and some that were not so great.

My kids went to private school for a few years until we moved. They learned great study habits during those first years that served them very well in their later school years.  I liked the smaller class size in the private school.  They learned some wonderful things that they might have missed if in a larger classroom if the teacher had less time.

3. Gemini Fox profile image90
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

Most of my school years were spent in a private school. This was in New Mexico, and if my parents had sent me to the local public school I would have been a minority and it would have been pretty rough - at least in that area.  The education, for that part of New Mexico, was better at the private school.  But when I moved to Montana and spent my senior year in a public school, I found out how much that NM private school was actually lacking.