Did you get a college degree only to get out into the "real" world and find that

1. Gemini Fox profile image90
    Gemini Foxposted 5 years ago

Did you get a college degree only to get out into the "real" world and find that . . .

your new career was very different than you expected?  What was that career, how was it different than you expected, and what did you change it to?

2. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 5 years ago

I sure did. I had hoped to teach at the university and local community college. Such was not the case. I work in curriculum development instead. It was a good turn of events.

3. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 5 years ago

One of my myriad career goals was to move up in the business world and to own my own business as an acquisition from an existing business and not necessarily a franchise.  But because the government offered job security at that time which has changed a bit, I chose to work for the government and learned the popular adage:  "It is not necessarily what you know but who you know."  Upon learning that the glass ceiling was often broken with the "who you know" doctrine, Iparted ways with the government amidst a host of self development efforts including attending graduate school and self improvement seminars.  I used my education and self improvement endeavors on building an online business composed of writing websites and  online stores.  As the other commenter mentioned, I chose the right path because the government is reliable and when it is time, my pay for working for there will be adequate.  Also, although for the first time in history, there was a chance of the government shutting down, that occurrence did not happen so most likely the government is not going out of business.

working