jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Henry VIII's wives - which was the coolest?

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image80
    Lady Wordsmithposted 6 years ago

Henry VIII's wives - which was the coolest?

Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived.  Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr.  Lovely ladies, all.  Who's your favourite?

2. ahmed.b profile image78
    ahmed.bposted 6 years ago

Instead of my liking or dislikeing, what is more important is actually Henry VIII's own liking  and disliking

3. Twilight Lawns profile image81
    Twilight Lawnsposted 6 years ago

Talking about Old British Queens, I wonder where Quentin Crisp would rank amongst those ladies.
    But of the lot, I think I liked Catherine of Aragon or Anne Boleyn,,, but as I am usually worried about pronunciation of the second one's name, I'll cut my losses and go for Catherine of Aragon.  Aragon's easier than Boleyn, Innit?

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years ago

Well, Anne Boleyn seems to have been the most vivacious, if that's the meaning of "cool". I think Anne of Cleves clearly got the best bargain of the lot, she escaped with her life and didn't have to suffer the kings attentions for long, or at all, according to him.

5. shara63 profile image70
    shara63posted 6 years ago

daring beauty the only one who survived  Catherene parr ..!

6. Judi Bee profile image96
    Judi Beeposted 6 years ago

The Tudors are cool again. For the past few centuries Henry VIII has been regarded as a bloated, ulcerated wife-killer whilst his unfortunate assortment of spouses have been reduced to a playground ditty - "Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived". Then in 2007 The Tudors, hit our screens and suddenly Henry and his six wives were once more the talk of several nations. read more

7. clairemy profile image77
    clairemyposted 5 years ago

Catherine Parr, she survived him, and she knew how to keep her mouth shut.