jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Were we first dead , before we came alive , or were we always alive?

1. Sky9106 profile image74
    Sky9106posted 5 years ago

Were  we first dead , before we came alive , or were we always alive?

Every which way I truthfully look at these possibilities , it seems the correct answer would lie in a belief  that may end up proving conventional thinking quite wrong. What do you believe?

2. rafken profile image80
    rafkenposted 5 years ago

I suppose this depends on whether or not you believe in re incarnation. We are obviously all made of energy of a sort. Energy never dies, it is just transferred to another form, so before we were "alive" i guess we existed as another form of energy, so therefore we were in some sense "alive". I think that you are trying to find the answer as to whether we were a conscious form, that is more difficult. We may have lived as someone or something else but our memories did not transfer forms with us and that means we will never know for sure. Some people say they have "flashes" of previous lives, is this the memory trying to break through or just some kind of dream? Again we may never know.

Sky9106posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Quite beautiful Sir . Your answer touches, need I say it reminds me of the very thought s I had which led me to ask the question. I know that the energy which propels us as humans simply cannot die. Never looked at the transfer of consciousness,

3. kess profile image61
    kessposted 4 years ago

Life IS.

There is no before nor after life.

Death comes when we lost sight of the reality of Life.
    This is when time begins, thus your question becomes valid because of misunderstanding of life.

Sky9106posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes Mr. Leo so I guess life Is, whatever consciousness it hosts in this reality or whichever? Interesting philosophy on death . Thanks  for the heartfelt.

working