jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What comes after the "nothing" in universe?

1. beadreamer247 profile image70
    beadreamer247posted 6 years ago

What comes after the "nothing" in universe?

I remember that I asked this question to my father when I was about 16. He was startled that I was asking such a question at that young age. His answer was:"Nothing".....But it wasn't an answer to me. What is "nothing"? And as you can see...up to this day...I have this question. Maybe a question nobody can really answer, because we can't go there and never will know the answer. Maybe we are just not supposed to know the answer...

2. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 6 years ago

I would agree that this notion (which many seem to have) of matter being surrounded by "nothingness" (infinite nothing) does not make any sense at all. However, there is an obvious solution which I think you have overlooked. Rather than the universe being surrounded by 'nothing', why can't there just be endless matter in all directions? To me that makes far more sense and it also answers your question. The answer is that there is no 'nothing', there is only 'something'. Infinite 'somethings' in all directions, both macroscopically and microscopically.

http://infinite712.hubpages.com/hub/The … e-Universe

3. beadreamer247 profile image70
    beadreamer247posted 6 years ago

Well, Infinite712,
    it is rather a change of wording to me, because "nothing" or "something" is so wide open, beyond what we can comprehend I guess. Assuming there is an infinite something in all directions....How can we ever understand that "something" never ends?

4. profile image0
    erickcbposted 6 years ago

Existance is a paradox. Nothing IS something. Inside does not exist without the outside. They are different but are one and the and just like a bee and flower.