jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you miss from life, that was a part of culture in the past?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

What do you miss from life, that was a part of culture in the past?

Do you miss anything from the past, that seems to be lost to our current culture and society?  What is it?  It can be anything big or small.

2. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Record Albums - LPs.  The artwork and liner notes that went with them, and how you were exposed to all of the music, not just an MP3 or i-tunes file of one song.  There was something special about those album days.

3. MickeySr profile image81
    MickeySrposted 6 years ago

For my kids, and now grandkids, I miss Saturdays. Saturday used to be kid's day . . . there was Mother's Day once a year, Father's Day once a year, etc, but every Saturday was kid's day. Kids still get off school, but it simply isn't the same. In the 60s there were only 3 tv networks and the only time you saw any cartoons was Saturday morning - Saturday morning was kid's tv time, nothing but cartoons.

And the biggest treat of all, Saturday matinĂ©es - I don't mean movies that simply were shown Saturday afternoon, these were different movies than that theater showed at night, to adults. Saturday matinĂ©e movies were movies that were made specifically for kids . . . at night the theater might play "I'll Cry Tomorrow" or Richard Burton or Deborah Kerr, etc - but Saturday afternoon it was all about Dracula and Godzilla and robots and Hercules and Jerry Lewis and time machines, etc, etc . . .   

I wish my kids could have and my grandkids could have those Saturdays that I enjoyed so much.

4. MisterH profile image57
    MisterHposted 6 years ago

Duty.  We all know our rights today (which, incidentally, is a good thing) but we don't have an equal and opposite sense of responsibility to even the balance.

5. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 6 years ago

I miss the family bonding of my younger days. Of course there is bonding within families even now, but it is much less. We used to sit together at dinner and share the happenings of the day, but today you hardly get to see the youngsters spending quality time with their parents or siblings. This may be a little thing, but I think I miss it a lot.

working