jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where do home-school parents get their material?

1. Thrifty Lady profile image92
    Thrifty Ladyposted 5 years ago

Where do home-school parents get their material?

2. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 5 years ago

There is this new invention that most people are simple unaware of it is called . . . a library!

I know, I know . . . it is a crazy concept and most people think it is a conspiracy, but they exist I actually have been to some . . . and get this they are free!

Here is what is really amazing about them, they have books in them and people with half a brain can read them . . . pretty crazy, huh?

You can check them out and take them home and read them and they have words in them and pictures?

Or hey if you don't believe me you can always Google it!

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of companies that sell textbooks, worksheets, lesson plans, etc. specifically for homeschoolers. For math, there's a popular series called Saxon.  There are also a ton of free resources online that you can use to create your own lessons.

While it may seem like the majority of resources are geared toward conservative Christian families, there are still many secular/non-religious resources, such as those listed here: http://www.had2know.com/education/secul … urces.html

4. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

Home-school parents usually obtain their learning materials, which are mostly free, from Wikipedia and other open-source websites that share information freely. I am sure that if you take your time to Google for keywords pertaining to the subjects concerned, you would be able to find thousands of articles that would generously give away information. Worksheets and examination materials can also be found in document-sharing websites. If these parents have contacts who are teachers or lecturers, then they can ask them for learning materials easily.