jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are some of the most interesting creatures that live in the ocean?

1. Jason Marovich profile image89
    Jason Marovichposted 6 years ago

What are some of the most interesting creatures that live in the ocean?

Some very interesting sea creatures are well-known to many.  But, there are also many kinds of life in the ocean that are a bit more obscure - life forms that aren't as heralded as their more common neighbors.  Some ocean creatures are physical marvels, some have adapted in incredible ways, and some, like the shark, just keep swimming and eating their way through the eons.  From the deep seas to the coral reef, there are millions of interesting sea life forms to choose from.

2. Somesh Dutt profile image59
    Somesh Duttposted 6 years ago

I do not know if you have heard about the Nudibranchs or commonly known as Sea Slugs. They are also called sea cucumbers because of their shape. They mostly pass off as aquatic vegetable because of their ability to attatch themselves to rock and stay still. Most of them are herbivorous. There are over thousands of species of this magnificent creature. They mostly stay in shallow and deep waters and prey mostly on the algae and plankton. They are preyed upon by other sea creatures like crabs, lobsters, fishes and even humans. Not only they are good food but they also contain medicinal properties.

3. ShaamCA profile image60
    ShaamCAposted 6 years ago

Jelly fish is the most amazing creature lives under sea but though its dangers at some circumstances

4. HubertBarlow profile image57
    HubertBarlowposted 6 years ago

There are lots of undiscovered sea creatures. Some of them dwell in the most deepest ocean floor. I have few in mind. Sea orchin, star fish species, oysters...

5. taw2012 profile image60
    taw2012posted 6 years ago

octopus is a wonder. You know, i love that creature.

working