jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you put a copyright warning on your profile, of any kind?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Do you put a copyright warning on your profile, of any kind?

It seems like I vaguely recall someone putting on their profile, that their content is indeed "theirs", and some other warning against people that would steal it.  Do you have any suggestions in this regard?  What is the best way to protect ourselves from content thieves, and does it include putting something, even a general mention that your content is your own on your profile?

2. LauraD093 profile image84
    LauraD093posted 5 years ago

No I haven't will have to check-out the tutorials ...sigh once again! I am new to the community and still learning a lot. Great question though ty.

3. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Well, I do, but I think that is actually causing me a problem right now. My last hub, not yet published is a poem of mine, which I wrote in 1995 or 1996, when internet was not universal yet, so I never published it. The poem is not that big. To finish the hub I've put my usual feedback paragraph and copyright mention, which turns out it's almost the same size as the poem. So as soon as I tried to publish it the mention duplicate content appeared - it says a large portion of the hub already appears on other pages - large portion can be that part. I've sent an e-mail to the Hubpages to ask for clarification, but I'm almost sure it must be that, because the poem is mine, no one has a copy, so there can't be a duplicate... Anyway, I'm waiting for a reply, but I guess I'll have to take out the feedback and copyright mention paragraph. Anyone had a similar experience?

4. internetgeek profile image61
    internetgeekposted 5 years ago

I include copyright message on my Hubs in the following format.

© 2012 by username. All rights reserved.

If you want to type copyright symbol, hold alt on your keyboard and then type 0169 with the numlock open on your keyboard (Numlock Numbers).

5. oceansnsunsets profile image89
    oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago

Hi Internetgeek, thanks so much.  I have a really silly question about your answer, which sounds great by the way!  I want to do that also.  My question though is, do you just type that in there like that, OR do you type that after having it actually copyrighted somewhere?  That is what I don't understand here.  Like do you use a My Free Copyright type of site or something?  Thanks so much for any help.