jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is beyond the universe? Read the description.

1. Rui Carreira profile image87
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

What is beyond the universe? Read the description.

A Scientific study accidentally may have discovered the edge of the Universe. What is on the other side? The energies show that there is a chance something is compressing it on the other side. What do you think it may be?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6441427_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 5 years ago

What is this "edge" that you claim was discovered? How about you show us a literal picture of this edge/wall which you claim surrounds everything. There would always have to be something on the other side of whatever border/edge/wall that you propose. Matter also cannot be surrounded by unbounded/infinite space because 'space' is a concept. Concepts do not and cannot surround matter. Therefore the only reasonable/logical conclusion is that there are infinite/unlimited objects in all directions both macroscopically and microscopically.

http://infinite712.hubpages.com/hub/The … e-Universe

3. wkhigley profile image60
    wkhigleyposted 5 years ago

I would be interested to read whatever study it is that you're referencing. From my understanding, There is a known limit to the observable universe as light and matter have only expanded and traveled so far since the big band occurred. Studying what lies beyond that is obviously a very difficult task. I have read some articles suggesting there is a portion of the observable universe where it appears matter is moving in a way that suggests something beyond the limit of the observable space pulling it, but I don't remember the article well or how credible the source was.

This is speculation on my part and probably shouldn't be taken too seriously considering my knowledge of cosmology is limited, but I don't think it's entirely improbable that there are other expansions beyond the observable universe. I don't know of any reason to assume the big bang and subsequent formation of the universe was a completely unique event.

4. Rui Carreira profile image87
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

I would love to be able to be more specific, but I dont remember the particular outlines of the article. Do you know that program narrated and hosted by Morgan Freeman about the mysteries of the universe? I heard this same theory there once. But in that show, they suggested it was another universe, a type of Anti-Universe.

5. 1701TheOriginal profile image99
    1701TheOriginalposted 3 years ago

working