jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would prevent the fall of civilization?

1. Eugene Hardy profile image61
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

What would prevent the fall of civilization?

As history dictates, all civilizations before ours have fallen.  What would prevent ours from taking the same road.

2. rahul0324 profile image83
    rahul0324posted 6 years ago

I believe there is nothing which can save the human civilization from its ultimate doom! And more over we should come to terms with and embrace the fact that anything which has a start... has an end.. May it be the universe which is expanding and will start shrinking one day..... as is the sun... which after millions of years will end into the red giant and dwarf phase... ending any evidence of earth.. and likewise the dinosaurs... ice age and now the Human Civilization

3. rahul0324 profile image83
    rahul0324posted 6 years ago

A Detailed Insight into the Ultimate Question read more

4. Irish Commentator profile image59
    Irish Commentatorposted 6 years ago

Eugene,
    Firstly, I question the term 'civilization'. Much of what goes on in the world is not so civilized. Historically any attempt to homogenizes people has failed.  I would much prefer to view people as just individuals and groups making their way through life. Its the 'How' is important. There is enough suffering in the world by inadvertence so if we become more conscious of how we interact with others we can then be more harmonious. Change is inevitable, but we play a huge part in nature and rate of change.
    Irish Commentator.

working