jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you could be a historical character for a day who would it be and why?

1. gclitty profile image91
    gclittyposted 5 years ago

If you could be a historical character for a day who would it be and why?

I was asked this question in class today and I couldn't come up with a favorite.

2. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6518291_f260.jpg

Guthrum started out as a war leader when he came over from Denmark in the 9th Century. He would strike fear into the Saxons as he hunted down Aelfred, the king of the West Saxons, almost catching him out in a midwinter attack on Chippenham when the Saxons celebrated Christmas. Even when he only achieved stalemate, Guthrum achieved recognition by Aelfred as king of East Anglia and overlord over half the Anglian kingdoms of Mercia and Northumbria south of the Tees. He outlived Aelfred himself, a 'free agent', too powerful for any West Saxon king after his old nemesis to be removed, too wily even for fellow Danes to outwit in their bid for power, not so foolish as to be drawn into open conflict with Wessex. His 'day' dawned in AD879, and the sun only set on him in AD890 on his deathbed.

3. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 5 years ago

I would like to be William Williams, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independance.  He was one of my ancestors.  He wasn't as known as some of the other signers but he has his signature on the document just like the other signers and I would love to be him for that day to feel what it was like to be among such an important group, doing one of the most important things in our history as a country.  I can't think of anything that was more important in our history as getting our independance and since one of my ancestors were part of it, he is my hero.

4. techygran profile image94
    techygranposted 5 years ago

I'd like to be one of the women who followed behind Jesus and the Disciples, providing bread for the journey and being close to the Saviour, hearing what he had to share, being that close to him during the height of his ministry, playing a concrete role in sustaining Jesus and the Disciples.  But I wouldn't want it to be a day when he is agonizing over his impending death or during or following the crucifixion.  Great question, thanks!

5. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

I would be Nephi from the Book of Mormon who was able to see Jesus Christ after the resurrection. He was a great preacher and endured many  persecutions from the people who did not believe his witness that Jesus would go to the Americas. Nephi witness destruction and chaos and yet he was able to survive to see the Savior visit. He was give a charge by the Savior to teach His words and establish His church among those people.

It is not just a matter of faith that I would chose Nephi, it is because Nephi was on the dawn of a new society after rebuilding for a year after a cataclysm destroyed much of his society. I want to see how the world looked through his eyes and what his culture was like at such a time amlost 1980 year ago.

6. eaglecreek profile image61
    eaglecreekposted 5 years ago

Hector of Troy
    Most every kingdom in Europe claim to have ties to troy in its folklore as well as the ancient kings have blood ties to the famous prince. The original name of London was New Troy. He was one of the most influential men in history.

working