jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Trivia Q: What was deemed to be the sport of Kings?

1. editorsupremo profile image65
    editorsupremoposted 5 years ago

Trivia Q: What was deemed to be the sport of Kings?

2. danstanton profile image61
    danstantonposted 5 years ago

I grew up in Ohio about 10 minutes from the Granville Ohio Polo Fields. In the 1980's they had a Sport of Kings Tournament. So I would say the sport of kings would be Polo.

editorsupremoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nearly right. Horses were a sign of wealth for royalty but Polo is not the correct answer.

3. SilkThimble profile image77
    SilkThimbleposted 5 years ago

I think the term most commonly refers to horse racing.

As I said to danstanton horses were a sign of wealth for royalty, and used in jousting, horse racing, polo etc, but this is not the answer I'm looking for.

4. profile image54
    jwessa1posted 5 years ago

There are many correct answers to this question. It depends on which part of the world you live in, which era your referring to, even some regional answers would be different. Horse Racing, Falconing, Polo, Fox Hunting or even the album title by Triumph (I don't remember the year)

With that said I would probably answer "Falconing" since that was practiced all over Europe the Middle East and Asia.

Hooray, Congratulations you got it right. Sorry I have no prize though!! Whilst horse racing, polo and fox hunting are sports of Kings, it is Falconry that is deemed to be the sport of kings and is the oldest sport known to man. Since 680 BC

5. alian346 profile image71
    alian346posted 5 years ago

Here in the UK it is said to be polo - the type you do on horseback, not in water!

6. promaine profile image60
    promaineposted 5 years ago

Polo. Said to go back to the Persian Emperors.

working