jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you prefer small classes (less than 30 students) or large classes (more than

1. phillippeengel profile image78
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer small classes (less than 30 students) or large classes (more than 30 students)?

Small classes allow for personal attention and support. Large classes, on the other hand, are not beneficial for students who need more help in their subjects. Do you agree?

2. Eugene Hardy profile image60
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

Depends on how demanding the course is.
    I'd prefer smaller classes.

3. betteryou profile image72
    betteryouposted 5 years ago

I believe the smaller the class the better it is for the students. A smaller class gives control to tutors to be able to supervise and give proper attention to his/her student. I will definitely agree that students within a class of 30 or less have the tendency to do better than one with more than 30.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I always preferred smal groups of about 9/10, that gave me the opportunity of giving individual support whilst keeping the group under control.

5. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Yes. I do agree that smaller classes will fair better than larger ones. It will be more personalize so the students will have better chance of interacting with the teacher.

Also having students doing group studies are important part in classes as they can actually help each others better. This is what I learnt from my kid's school as overall percentage of passes are much higher than other schools.

6. Tricia1000 profile image73
    Tricia1000posted 5 years ago

Smaller classes are much better.  Even large universities provide  tutoring to smaller groups of students (as an extra support service).

7. glmclendon profile image59
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

I like the small personal classes. They are good for the learning circle.

8. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I prefer smaller classes. It seems like larger classes do not have as much participation and it's easier for the teacher or professor to assist those who are need help.

9. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Small classes. I like a teacher who is attentive to her students, knows them by name, and helps them get interested in the subject. Only small classes have had that teacher-student relationship from my experiences.

10. internpete profile image89
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

Smaller Classes. I went to a small college and loved the small class sizes. Its seems like small classes benefit students much more.

11. artariq profile image59
    artariqposted 5 years ago

Echoing what most others have said: smaller classes are definitely better. Currently there are around 60 people in my class and I think it's a good size. We've all gotten to know each other pretty well.

12. Danieljohnston profile image86
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

In both high school and college I had one or two classes with only 12 people in it. Since the group was so small, we got to know everyone in the class and formed bonds with them, a shared learning experience and friendship that helped if we needed assistance with work, not just from the teacher.