jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe Atlantis existed?

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

Do you believe Atlantis existed?

If so, where do you believe it was and what do you think happened to it?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Not as told in the stories, but I believe that there may have been more than the great civilisations that we know about that were destroyed by some natural disaster.
    As to where, I don't know, I have read convincing arguments that earlier layouts of Troy fit the bill.
    The story of mid-Atlantic, there are European legends that take Europeans westward, and South American legends off the great civilisation (the Atlans) to the east, so who knows.
    Ceaser, when invading Britain, believed that the blue warriors (Hypoboreans) were the last vestiges of the Anlanteans and that the isles were all that remained of the vast civilisation.
    I supose, that really, it is a tale that has been blown out of proportion by travelling, story-tellers to pay for their suppers.

Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this great answer MickS.  I am inclined to agree with you on these points.. cheers.

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image82
    Highvoltagewriterposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do believe that there might have several civilizations with similar  attributes that the myths about Atlantis may have come from.

Pearldiverposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for taking the time on this and for your answer HVW... me too!

working