Do you think middle schools should have school football teams, cheer squads?

1. breathe2travel profile image78
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Do you think middle schools should have school football teams, cheer squads?

Do you think middle school aged children are ready mentally for the pressures of making or not making an athletic team for their school in middle school?

2. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

When I went to middle school and high school in the late 1950s and early 1960s there were some athletic teams and cheer leaders.  I remember that the middle school of a small town where I went to school had at least a football and basketball teams.  Middle schools should have these athletic teams, because many kids in reality start playing organized sports when they are in third or fourth grade.  If they are ready for the pressure of playing on a team at that age, they should be ready by the time they get into middle school.

3. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I think that sports and team playing can be very healthy for development of community within a school.  However, when these teams are seen as "elite" within the school it becomes a problem.  Having a broad range of sports and arts activities that are inclusive is more appropriate in all schools.

working