jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you stay focused on your purpose in life?

1. profile image0
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

How do you stay focused on your purpose in life?

2. PageC profile image61
    PageCposted 5 years ago

This is something that I struggle with too. I seem to jump from one great idea to the next. Writing up goals that I read every day does help, when I remember to read them. smile

3. buckleupdorothy profile image85
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

Blech. Moving around a lot seems to make this one super tricky. I try to do relatively regular "reassessments" and keep a series of long and short-term goals to work for. When I started learning Turkish I got into the habit of putting stickie notes on everything, and now that I don't need them to remind me what "wall" is in another language, I use them to post reminders to myself about what I want to be doing.

But of course that all depends on how seriously you mean "purpose in life", because frankly, I think very very few people actually know what theirs is...

But if you mean in terms of staying focused on the bigger picture (what you want to be doing, where you want to be, etc), then I suppose my answer pretty much covers my approach.

4. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I have to set goals, mentally and also written.  I must review them daily, monthly, yearly.  I need this to keep focused.  Also, some goals I have friends help in keeping me accountable.

5. profile image0
    Milli Thorntonposted 5 years ago

It's easy for me to stay focused on my purpose in life because my career totally encompasses it, even down to the part about expressing my love.

The tricky part is to stay focused on my priorities (and to keep refining them) so I won't let the lesser things distract me or consume too much of my time.

Another challenge is overworking. Simply because I'm so passionate about my work (and I feel I'm living my life purpose) and because my work is so enjoyable, I can definitely behave like a workaholic.

When I think back to the times before I was so clear about my purpose in life, this feels like a better set of problems to have.

(Though I hasten to add that I'm not advocating workaholism for anybody. I'm working on balancing myself in that area.)

Here's my life purpose that I posted on another question:

http://fpherj48.hubpages.com/question/1 … swer538850

working