How does one stay focused onto a task?

1. Unleashed Freedom profile image61
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

How does one stay focused onto a task?

2. Niket Chaurasia profile image60
    Niket Chaurasiaposted 5 years ago

1. Close your eyes, sit in calm for a minute and try to organize your thoughts.
    2. Write down your goals/tasks of the day on a pad and keep it in front of you.
    3. Give time limitations to every task, like - I will have to finish this report by 11 AM.
    4. Keep yourself away from things which distract you like tv, phone etc.

3. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

It's hard, but it can be done. 
    I find if I totally commit to completing a task that day, no matter what, I do it.  Especially if the unfinished task keeps me worrying about it when I'm supposed to be sleeping.

This means not answering the phone, locking up my 4 felines who love to lay on my paperwork, staying off emails, facebook, even HubPages for a time...and just doing it.

Example: I am committed to leading a non-credit course at our community college on April 28.  I pass out folders with information in them that I have created...to review during class and for the attendees to take home.

Right now, my total focus is to complete my master folder by tomorrow night.
    So I will not do anything else, except this one task.  No laundry, no cooking, no television, no housework...100 percent of my time spent on it until done. 

I just say NO to everything else.  Everything else can wait while I create.

The reward is the completed Master Folder.  Then I can review it, edit it, and next week make the completed folders to distribute on the 28th. 

I have learned that PREPARATION IS CONFIDENCE.

working