jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What would the world be like if World War I or II never happened?

1. jbosh1972 profile image96
    jbosh1972posted 5 years ago

What would the world be like if World War I or II never happened?

We are near the 100th aniversary of WWI and most can agree that WWII probably would have not been of the same scope had WWI never happened.

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Who knows, write an alternative history novel about it.

3. Goodluck4ever profile image73
    Goodluck4everposted 5 years ago

One can never tell certainly how every world event would have turned out without the two wars. However, without the wars maybe there wouldn't have been the regional blocs we presently have in Europe, Africa and some other parts of the world. As you will recollect, one of the reason for the formation of EU is to prevent wars among European countries. Also, many African countries will probably be under the control of the European colonial masters. Furthermore, there probably wont be the prolonged civil wars and genocides in Africa. As you know, the wars in Africa were enriched by the remnants of arms and ammunition from the world wars.
    Lastly, I want to point out that the obnoxious proliferation of arms and nuclear weapons we currently experience in today's world might have been prevented without the two wars. This I say because in the wake of the end of the wars, nations were increasingly searching for ways to outsmart other nations in weaponry and sophisticated war techniques.
    I hope I have been able to answer part of the question.
    Good question, anyways.

jbosh1972posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you give me a lot to chew on.  I remember reading about the long standing tensions between the European colonial powers. The tensions go back to at least the Franco Persian war in 1870.  I wonder if those tensions would have remained to this day

4. Schatzie Speaks profile image95
    Schatzie Speaksposted 5 years ago

Depends on if they never happened because the events leading up to them never occured or they never happened because the reactions to the events leading up to them were different but the events themselves still took place.

jbosh1972posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes the events leading up to the World Wars might not have happened.  I therefore believe we would still have the same tensions that Europe, Russia, and Africa had in the late 19th and early 20th century.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

If World War II had not happened, there is no telling what Hitler would had done to Europe. I know, some will say that if German had not lost WW1, Hitler would have never risen to power. I am not sure I can accept that theory.

working