jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think there will be a Third World War sometime in the next century?

1. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Do you think there will be a Third World War sometime in the next century?

When do you think it will happen? Where do you think it will start? Which nations will be involved?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

As long as there is profit in it I'm sure wars will be pushed until people wise up and realize violence is never an adequate solution to problems.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

I think there is a chance of a 3rd world war in the next hundred years. Of course if it was a world war then all the nations would be involved......

4. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

Absolutely I think there will be another third world war. The war of the future will involve China, Russia, Iran, Israel, United States, North Korea and Pakistan. It will be the war that ends all wars because the devastation and ruination of the planet will be astronomical. Now that corporations are people, how many corporations will serve under the flag? My gut answer is "none!"

5. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

In my study of the Old Testament, yes, I can definitely see there are some wars foretold of that have not yet happened. They are quite far reaching wars first centering on conflict immediately surrounding Israel, then becoming more and more wide spread. I summarized this in a hub, "Future Wars Described in the Bible," and refer to the book that got me looking at this.

6. kgc-66 profile image60
    kgc-66posted 6 years ago

I believe there will be a third world war, however, it might not be the war depicted in the movies.  What do we all depend upon these days for communication, news, social connections, banking, utilities, water, etc?  Computers.  I believe the third world war will be carried out through massive computer attacks that down computer systems internationally, causing critical infrastructure failure and subsequent economic crashes and loss of life.

7. old albion profile image72
    old albionposted 6 years ago

Winston Churchill said 'Beware the Yellow Peril'. If  China does not implode through internal strife I  can see difficulties for us all. Considering the huge population which of course is increasing, they have to expand.
    I read recently that China is building almost twenty aircraft carriers why? I know they have thousands of men and troops in West Africa, where I read they are building massive port facilities. Please understand I have nothing against China or her people, it's just the world as I see it.

8. shruti.p.v profile image66
    shruti.p.vposted 6 years ago

I think its highly unlikely it will happen. The way things are going now there should be peace treaties signed by different governments in the future. Excluding matters such as terrorism , conflicts between different countries has almost been erased.So in my opinion there would not be another war of that magnitude again

9. Angus Bray profile image55
    Angus Brayposted 6 years ago

If there is it would be up to the government and weather anyone is willing to compromise smile

10. profile image0
    gogogoposted 6 years ago

I firmly believe there will be a third world war.  I believe it will be between the countries that are controlled by Muslims and those who are not.  But not in the traditional way of world war I & II, more or an escalation of what is presently happening in Egypt, Syria etc, then when they have control of enough countries it will escalate in outright violence against the western countries.