jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Why are we on this earth?

1. Life-is-live profile image61
    Life-is-liveposted 5 years ago

Why are we on this earth?

I'm writing something. I'm living too. But for what? Who are we?
    We are so small. But we have also many problems. There are too much problems, for just 7 milliards people. HEY! The earth is extremely small. Our solar systeme is one on milliards. And we are here with internet, our problems, our joys, our memories, our dreams... but, for what? And for how long?
    I'm not a despressiv girl. I just a teenager who would like to run, to live but for me before that... I must to know why are we here... Why are we not all friends?
    For what? By who? Where exactely? How long?
    I know nobody know.
    A day...

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6732214_f260.jpg

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

this question drives me crazy. why do people have such a need to believe there is a reason we are here.? were just here and that's it. the reason is that our parents had sex and out we came.

Life-is-liveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very funny! thanks

3. scottcgruber profile image81
    scottcgruberposted 5 years ago

It all started about seven milliard years ago when a giant star exploded, forming a massive nebula of gas and dust full of heavy elements. These eventually clumped together into the Sun, which grew heavier and began to spin and formed a protoplanetary disk from which our eight planets were formed about 4.5 milliard years ago.

The third lump in the disk experienced a massive bombardment of comets and asteroids, delivering organic compounds and lots of water. It appears that around 3.5 billion years ago these compounds began self-replicating, then gradually becoming more complex. They diversified and specialized and multiplied and nearly wiped themselves out a bunch of times, with many types of life forms dying out to be replaced by the better-adapted.

Even when volcanic events and bolide impacts wiped out the majority of species on the planet, a small strong minority survived. You are the product of those survivors - one of a life form so complex it has invented languages and cultures and governments and religions and the very scientific methods that have given us some answers to the questions of where we came from.

So that's why you're here. What you choose to do with that is up to you.

Well ... I agree. I learned in biology lessons (Thanks Ms. Post) ... Only one big question: how to out of nothing the big bang was it formed? How come something from nothing? But you are absolutely right!
      Thanks smile

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Because that is the way Mother Nature wrote the plot.

Thank you for your answer. But we know how the human body, the life, the universe, etc. are complicated. It would just Mother Nature? Is it not a little overly simple?

2. MickS profile image71
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What does 'it would just Mother Nature' mean and how is the complication of things of any relevance?  No this is not an over simplification.

3. Life-is-live profile image61

Yes ... But from where come Mother Nature? she has an origin. It is so complicated, I find it absurd to use the simple explain of Mother Nature, that's it!

working