jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

How do you differentiate a genuine smile from a fake one?

1. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 5 years ago

How do you differentiate a genuine smile from a fake one?

2. MickiS profile image84
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

When a person smiles because they are genuinely moved to feel happy, more muscles of the face are involved and not just the mouth. The best indicator comes from the area around the eyes.

3. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 5 years ago

You see the cheek bones go high enough to make the eyes squint. That's a genuine smile.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Look at someone's eyes. Does their smile reach their eyes? If not, they are lieing.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

You others had good factual answers, so I won't beat a dead horse. I will say one thing that I like to do is to examine the smiles of people and politicians on billboards to see how fake and utterly mean some of them actually look. Some of them are merely raising their upper lip and bearing their teeth like some carnivore. It's a little startling when you take the time to think about what you are seeing in others.

1. MickiS profile image84
      MickiSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Despite my factual answer, I like yours much better. LOL!

2. profile image0
      Old Empresarioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but you should really try it!

6. shiningirisheyes profile image60
    shiningirisheyesposted 5 years ago

I believe you can tell quite a bit by looking into a persons eyes.  They truly are the "windows to the soul".

7. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

By their eyes - if they smile but the eyes are cold or vacant - it is not a genuine smile.

8. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Human touch:) A genuine smile goes straight into your heart and you know you met another human being. A fake smile is just a grimace on a face of a manequine, who is dressed just like a human, but it is still just a lifeless figurine.

1. Anjili profile image83
      Anjiliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Air hostesses and receptionists should hear you

working