What plants should we save for our future and why?

1. starstream profile image78
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

What plants should we save for our future and why?

2. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 5 years ago

It may be impossible to know what plants are best saved for the future. A plant that appears today to have nothing going for it may have medicinal qualities discovered by some scientist in the future. There is a story about a French chemist who was told about this small white flower that could cure headaches and other minor pain. Well, he went to the village in northern France where the flower grew and examined it. Yes, it did have the properties described. He found out why and the substance he discovered has been named after him - Aspirin. Of course nowadays we know that aspirin can be found in many plants including the leaves of common black tea. Right now plants that have never been properly examined by scientists are being destroyed in the Amazon region of our world.

3. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

By no means am I an expert on this topic; yet after contemplation I would conclude that I must out-flank this question. I propose that we will require a diversity of plant-life to ensure a most wonderful future. After all what makes the Amazon such a hot-bed for health cures, vitamin - sources etc. It is invaluable because of its abundancy and diverse nature.   Therefore, I conclude that the answer to the question, what plants should we save for our future, is a diversity of plants...

working