jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Higgs Boson invention - Boon or a Curse?

1. profile image30
    sijilsposted 5 years ago

Higgs Boson invention - Boon or a Curse?

The CERN scientists are really really close to find the HIGGS BOSON - the "GOD'S" particle . I do really hope they reach the end of this quest as soon as possible .

But I was thinking , does this invention really mean , they have finally found GOD?Is it challenging GOD? Does this invention will lead to other inventions which can be dangerous to manking , like the invention of nuclear bomb?

2. Adriane Killy profile image59
    Adriane Killyposted 5 years ago

God Particle is a bit of a misnomer. The given name was based on a book called "The God Particle" by Leon Lederman. It is considered an important particle because it will answer a five decade question and help explain mass.

Also, it's not quite an 'invention' more a discovery.

Though personally I tend to see that increasing understanding of a universe operating through its own laws tends to leave a decreasing amount of room for a god(s).

1. profile image30
      sijilsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

but what the CERN is after is actually the GOD particle itself , the most  fundamental particle resulting from the unbalance created between matter and anti-matter during the explosion of the singularity mentioned in the big bang theory , isnt it?

3. seigfried23 profile image73
    seigfried23posted 4 years ago

A wise man once said that the Higgs particle can't be the "god particle," now that we actually have evidence of its existence.
    http://taranwanderer.hubpages.com/hub/T … s-Particle