If you know about corruption in your school system, would you try to stop it, ke

1. willismiller profile image59
    willismillerposted 5 years ago

If you know about corruption in your school system, would you try to stop it, keep quiet or move?

Please provide relevent details such as your age, whether or not you have children and if you have experienced something similar and how you handled it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6852091_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I think it really depends on what it is and if you have others that can corroborate your story and will back you up.  I do have children in the district, but so far have not really had issues that made me raise eyebrows yet. 

The one conflict we did have a few years ago was put to a vote in the district about consolidating schools.  We live in a district where several small towns each had a K-6 elementary school and it was decided, against our objections, that each town would have 2 grades and the kids would get bussed to all the different locations etc.  The district said it was to save money even though it was a hassle for all of us to send our kids to a bunch of different schools.  Ultimately the people in the larger town outvoted and outnumbered us - so we lost.  Several parents did move to a different district after that.  Sometimes you fight the good fight and lose anyway wink - I happen to love our home however, and as tempting as it was, I chose to remain here.

Closed to reply

working