jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Where are some of the best museums to take Home Schooling children to for a fiel

1. milleramanda53 profile image82
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Where are some of the best museums to take Home Schooling children to for a field trip in Florida?

2. dragonflyfla profile image76
    dragonflyflaposted 5 years ago

Wow...Florida is such a big state but if you are on the west coast the Ringling's Museum is awesome. If the kids get bored you can direct them to the circus museum. http://www.ringling.org/

milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am actually smack dab in the center and I have heard a lot about the Ringling's Museum. Thank You

3. trimar7 profile image61
    trimar7posted 5 years ago

I went on several field trips with students when I taught in Florida. My favorites were when we took the children to the Everglades and went hiking in the swamps then were taken on an air craft boat across the Everglades.

Also, we took the children to St. Augustine and toured the various museums and forts in the area. St. Augustine is beautiful and full of history.

milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

We are around airboats a lot. And I have seen the Yogi Bear Park in St. Augustine and have considered taking a weekend trip to stay there and visit the sites near by. Thank You

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

MOSI in Tampa, Florida. I basically lived there every weekend for 11 years.

working