This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you could learn a new language what would it be?

1. milleramanda53 profile image78
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

If you could learn a new language what would it be?

2. jadesmg profile image90
    jadesmgposted 5 years ago

German probably, quite similar to english. Also, hated French at school, more an evil teacher than a bad subject but i'd still want to avoid. have heard Spanish is one of the easier to learn as a second language though. Either German or Spanish.

1. sean kinn profile image61
      sean kinnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right. German and English were literally the same language a thousand or so years ago. I probably picked up more German in beer tents in Germany than from formal instruction (Strasse = street, Brod = bread, etc.).

2. crisfirm profile image59
      crisfirmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well i don't agree. If you live in the american continent, there is only 4 official languages. So, if you speak Portuguese, English, French and Spanish you can travel every aware and everyone understands you.

3. carozy profile image85
    carozyposted 5 years ago

French, Italian, or Spanish.  I like the way all of them sound.  Actually, I am not picky, any new language sounds cool to me.  I also like the idea of learning Esperanto and sign language (ASL since I'm American).

1. milleramanda53 profile image78
      milleramanda53posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I took ASL for 3 years in high school and loved it.

4. sean kinn profile image61
    sean kinnposted 5 years ago

Spanish! You get much better customer service in the Caribbean if you can speak Spanish down that way. :-)

5. crisfirm profile image59
    crisfirmposted 5 years ago

Do you ever tink about lerning portuguese, because if you speak portuguese you also  understand what spanish, italinan and of course portuguese talk. There's a universe of more than 600 milion people who talk and understand portuguese or spanish or italian.

1. sean kinn profile image61
      sean kinnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Didn't know that. Cool! I've heard that if you learn Latin you can pick up all the Romantic languages, or something like that (at least Italian, aye). I'm not a language expert, but it all sounds promising.

working