jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What is the easiest language to learn?

1. Hezekiah profile image86
    Hezekiahposted 7 years ago

What is the easiest language to learn?

I think spanish the easiest pronunciation and easy to understand grammar.

2. C.V.Rajan profile image77
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Easy. Ask any child. It is mother tongue!

3. n.pady profile image56
    n.padyposted 7 years ago

as Mr. Rajan says, a child's mother tongue is the easiest to learn. the next language is the one in which people around us are talking most of the time. for example : English is being spoken by people around us and therefore, it is easy for us to learn.
    also, for people in spain, spanish is easy to learn, since there are many people who converse in the same language.
    the language which is being spoken the most(around you) is easy for you to learn.

4. CBSElearners profile image61
    CBSElearnersposted 7 years ago

Students are often worried about the languages available to choose from when in college, however the easiest language to elarn will depend on your own native language. For example it is said that Afrikaans, Spanish, French , German and so on are easier to learn for those who are native English speakers.

5. Shakeel Shavab CK profile image55
    Shakeel Shavab CKposted 7 years ago

All languages are easier to learn when we try to learn it nicely.

6. saanj H profile image75
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

For the child the mother tongue seems to be the easiest to learn as this is the language spoken at home.

Secondly, the language spoken by the people around the kid is next on the list. This is so because the child is often exposed to the language. In this scenario it can be English, as it is the most accepted and spoken language all over the world.

Spanish is considered to be the easiest language while German, French are considered to be the toughest to learn.

7. DaveysRecipeRead profile image59
    DaveysRecipeReadposted 7 years ago

Your own because you've already got a foot in the door. No, seriously Language learning is not easy no matter what language you try(grammar and the depth and intricacies of a language always get in the way).  Let the world distribution of a language help to dictate your decision. Do that, and you're bound to end up with spanish because it's not only spoken in North, Middle and South America but also in the Philippines and of course in Spain in Europe. Due to Spain's popularity throughout Europe many europeans have begun to learn the language themselves.

8. The Blagsmith profile image76
    The Blagsmithposted 7 years ago

Besides the mother tongue, the easiest languages to learn are those that most closely represent your mother tongue.

I live in Japan and the sentence structure is so dissimilar and so I find it difficult. Also they have three writing systems Katakana for foreign words, Hiragana for Japanese words and Kanji which are the symbols they used. The first two are relatively easy and it took me two months to master. However, when I asked my native Japanese wife how long it will take me to learn Kanji studying an optimistically three times a week she told me ten years.

I have also studied Italian and I can recall more Italian than I can Japanese even though I have been here longer. The last time I studied Italian was about 12 years ago. I am British we use the same alphabet system. Other than the adjective following the noun the sentence structure is similar to English and as the English Language is rich in Latin words it also makes it easier.

So basically it boils down to what do you know and it is surprising that you may already have a good knowledge of a language before you start to learn it due to the similarities I have noted.

9. Eloy Pinedo profile image65
    Eloy Pinedoposted 7 years ago

It's a no-brainer, Spanish is by far the easiest language ever!

10. kevin.baker profile image60
    kevin.bakerposted 6 years ago

Baby talk... at least my twin girls use it all the time.

11. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

Yes I agree as the grammar and pronunciation are easier to learn than say, German.

However, when listening to a Spanish conversation, I am lost most of the time as the words are spoken too fast for me to understand which words are being used.

12. rainnie526 profile image59
    rainnie526posted 5 years ago

Chinese, of course. It is my mother tongue. And German is very easy to learn for an English-speaker. English and German have so much in common, and I am just  working on it as my second foreign language.