jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How the best way to teach math to junior high school students?

1. alvlove profile image37
    alvloveposted 5 years ago

How the best way to teach math to junior high school students?

i am a teacher, I want to found the best way to teach matematics. make mathematics fun and enjoyable

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

By text. Straight out of the text book. I need more information as to tell you something specific. What type of math? Geometry, Algebra, etc.

1. alvlove profile image37
      alvloveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

how about algebra?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Make it into a game. Create flash cards and pass them out. Then create problems on the board and see if the one with the answer speaks up. Several flash cards per student. Like an Algebra bingo.  smile

3. normal profile image60
    normalposted 5 years ago

My sense of teaching is we have to teach the students with good examples, if possible we can try to give real time example so that students will be able to connect them self to the topic and also it will help them to concentrate in class.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

Try to pose math problems that are applicable to real-life situations or games.  For geometry problems this is usually pretty easy since they lend themselves to visuals.  For algebra, use scenarios in which a person would have to figure an unknown quantity given some other information.  The more they can conceptualize it, the more motivated they will be to learn it. Then you can get them to solve abstract problems.

I always found that leading a topic with abstractions just led to people tuning out (except for the mathematically curious students.)

5. BravexxxHeart profile image37
    BravexxxHeartposted 5 years ago

I guess, the best way to teach Mathematics to Junior High School students is by giving them concrete activities for them to understand the concepts. Especially for Grade 7, this is the transition period to Algebra. So start from concrete then to abstract activities and examples.

working