jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How do you deter ants from entering your home?

1. Recently Awakened profile image60
    Recently Awakenedposted 5 years ago

How do you deter ants from entering your home?

2. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

You have to keep your house clean, all the food and appliances in your kitchen has to be clean. Once everythings clean if you still have ants make sure all the entry points around windows, doors, and in your cellar are sealed the best they can be. Once thats done if you still have ants kill them with liquid ant traps (older non-liquid ant traps don't really work well at all).

~thranax~

Recently Awakenedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I cleaned the kitchen and appliances, but I hadn't checked to make sure eveything is sealed thoroughly. I will do that.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

In the early spring seal all of the perimeter of your house. Use caulking and seal everything; when the rains come in late Spring and Summer (depending on your latitude) the ants will begin gravitating to higher and dryer ground and if they happen upon a food source (s) they will plant their colony nearby. If you have a so called Florida porch/screened aluminum or vinyl porch be sure to seal where the aluminum/vinyl meets the concrete. Also properly seal your garage door area. After proper sealing; it is wise to spray your perimeter to create an additional barrier... Also always vacuum and clean your floors and window areas weekly (unless you are married to John Connor and you are inclined to keep him busy doing this)...

Recently Awakenedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lol, that is too funny. You must be a pro by now. Thanks for the input! It is greatly appreciated.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome; says the seasoned amateur...

4. milleramanda53 profile image81
    milleramanda53posted 5 years ago

Since I live in Florida ants are horrible here especially in the summer so when we started getting over ran by them I tried everything to get rid of them that would not also hurt my children due to their allergies and severe asthama when nothing work my grandmother gave me a recipe to use and it works. 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of Dawn dishwashing liquid, and 2 tablespoons of salt. Warning though this also doubles as a weed killer so don't spray on plants that you don't want to kill.. lol

working