jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Everyone is prejudiced to a certain degree. I shall exclude prejudice based up

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Everyone is prejudiced to a certain degree.  I  shall exclude prejudice based upon

protected class status such as age, race/color, ethnic background, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and/or disability. That is egregiously wrong!   I am addressing other components such as social class, looks, mannerisms, a person's characteristics, and other such factors.   In other words, what do you feel negatively about?

2. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

let me ask u a question:  would u consider it to be prejudice if "feeling negatively" is directly the result of negative experiences? 

(I'm not referring to isolated incidents)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily but please elucidate further regarding your experience.   Many people feel negative as a result of negative experiences.  It is natural and  quite normal. Actually, it is a reflex response to a particular environment and/or situation!

2. profile image0
      Starmom41posted 5 years agoin reply to this

What I mean is like this:  I've had numerous very bad experiences with members of a particular religious group;  I don't dislike or avoid members of that group, but I -am- extremely cautious when I meet new ones.

working