jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Please I need the definition of barbing.

1. Abayomi Obafemi profile image54
    Abayomi Obafemiposted 5 years ago

Please I need the definition of barbing.

2. aspieadult profile image60
    aspieadultposted 5 years ago

according to wikipedia "Barbing is a municipality in the district of Regensburg in Bavaria in Germany"

1. aspieadult profile image60
      aspieadultposted 5 years agoin reply to this

after look at olayemi tolulope's hub, barbing appears to be the same thing as barbering.

3. olayemi tolulope profile image81
    olayemi tolulopeposted 5 years ago

hello, Mr abayomi
    Barbing is a verb coined from the word barb which in this context is used as a remark for cutting. A barb is actually a sharp point projecting in reverse direction to the main point of a weapon or tool, as on an arrow or fishhook. Now in this regard, studying the clippers used in cutting and trimming hair; one will notice that this blade of the clipper is designed in a way that look like a set of small spikes arranged together uniquely which can also be termed as barbs, also the cutting steps have this feature. Now on clear terms barbing is not an English dictionary word but an acclaimed slang well known to the world of hair stylists and fashion. This is also common to the African hair stylist society which is the audience this hub is targeted at, and also entrepreneurs from this region. I hope to have given you a warm definition. thanks for your time

working