jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your definition of wealth? Please explain your answer.

1. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

What is your definition of wealth? Please explain your answer.

2. saif113sb profile image81
    saif113sbposted 6 years ago

Money promotes the production of high-quality goods, which improves the quality mix and welfare unambiguously. When this fraction is endogenous, however, we find that money can be valued even though it decreases welfare relative to the barter equilibrium. Money isn't everything.

3. rhemajoy profile image59
    rhemajoyposted 6 years ago

For me, wealth has little to do with money and more to do with character, family, friends and quality of life.  I am a Christian.  I don't have much money, nor do I desire to have an over abundance.  If I did have it, I would probably donate a lot of it to good non-profit organizations.  In spite of the fact that I do not have a huge abundance of money, I consider myself extremely wealthy because God has blessed me with so much more than I could have even thought to ask for in friendships, family, and a sense of purpose.

4. TFScientist profile image91
    TFScientistposted 6 years ago

I read an article by a psychologist that people define 'wealth' as those earning 15-20% more than they do. I class my parents as wealthy, they do not agree; my parents think some family friends who earn around $20k more a year than them are wealthy.

5. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

Thank you for your responses and your perspectives on wealth.

working