jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever taught using visuals?

1. sriparna profile image83
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Have you ever taught using visuals?

As parents, teachers, ESL teachers, senior citizen educators, special educators etc., you must have used visuals while teaching. Please share your experiences and how effective it was.

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Visuals are always effective. More students learn visually than using their auditory senses. This way they get a combination that further pushes the information into their brains, if they pay attention.

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Where I work each classroom has an interactive white board and it's just MAGICAL!! It certainly brings the lesson to life. Students have their books open but can read from the board or listen to a recording while the words are highlighted as they're read. Students can come up to the board to click or write in the correct answer and play grammar or vocabulary games in order to learn.

I love it! I also bring in video clips or films that we watch and talk about. It does make for a more interesting lesson.

1. sriparna profile image83
      sriparnaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really interesting, we still don't have one, maybe soon it will be budgeted, thanks a lot!

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I work in a private school in Greece. In the public school my son attends, the PTA has purchased (with some govt. funding) one white board which is shared by the whole school.

4. MarieAlana1 profile image72
    MarieAlana1posted 5 years ago

I have experience teaching in the Preschool, Prekindergarten, and kindergarten setting. Visuals are a must. How can kids learn without knowing exactly what you are trying to say? The teachers show them by using visuals.

5. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 5 years ago

Not really but in my job as a project manager I found that I am a visual learner. I found that if a schematic was drawn I could SEE the networking and/of the linking of communications. It was at that point I made friends with my network engineer.

working