Who received a college degree and does not even work in the field they studied?

1. Miss Tillman profile image38
    Miss Tillmanposted 5 years ago

Who received a college degree and does not even work in the field they studied?

How many of us paid or went into a student loan debt to cover us getting our degree, and once we receive that degree, had no interest in what we studied?  I went to school for Medical Administration, and went back for my LPN degree 2 separate times. After all those years, I decided nursing was the last thing I wanted to do, so I went back for my BBA. What do you regret most about you school choices as a grown up?

2. Joseph041167 profile image60
    Joseph041167posted 5 years ago

This is a very common problem. You are not alone. You are far from alone, and I see this happening all of the time. I went to school, got a degree, and was preparing to become a teacher. I passed my NTE's, and had a license in TN and ARK, which are now expired. I never could get on. I applied hundreds of times globally, and all over the south eastern U.S. I had a few interviews, but never could get on. I wound up being a substitute teacher all of my life, about 20 years now. Finally, the desire left me. I want far away from education. I want to make a career change. I have no idea how to or what field to go into. Education is a huge nightmare. Leave it alone. My college loans have more than doubled. The interest alone is a house payment. There is no way out. They are approaching 50,000 now. Whatever field you go into, research all the side work, and make sure your happy getting stuck a good while in the entry level position. You might be a lot happier doing punk rock in a bar for spare tip change.

1. Miss Tillman profile image38
      Miss Tillmanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I completed a semester in Business and now I am an Entrepreneur.

working