jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What would you recommend second language?

1. Jesse Mugnier profile image73
    Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years ago

What would you recommend second language?

I live in America, New Jersey, to be specific. I want a recommendation for a second language. I know Spanish would be practical, however I'm not looking for practical. Sign Language, is also practical.
    What is your second language and how did you pick it?

2. dommcg profile image91
    dommcgposted 5 years ago

Ni hao Jesse!

That is hello in Mandarin, which is the most spoken language across the globe. If i was going to learn a new language i would probably give that a go as it would give you the most job prospects as China is really expading at the moment. Portuguese would also be a good option as Brazil is another emerging economy that is going to be huge in the next decade or so.

Incidentally my second and third languages are French and german, but i'm awful at both of those so i'll stick to English!

3. profile image0
    Kena Bladelposted 5 years ago

Russian. My uncle lives in Russian since ever, so i decided to learn it. Dá sveedániya! big_smile

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Spanish is probably one of the most easy languages to learn. I studied French and Latin for years and am horrible at them. After studying spanish for a year, I can speak it better than French and Latin and need it more since I live in Texas.

5. anglnwu profile image90
    anglnwuposted 5 years ago

I grew up in Singapore. Spoke a form of Asian dialect at home. Went to an English school and had to learn a second language--mandatory. Since I'm Chinese, I learned Mandarin. So, I grew up speaking two official languages and  a bunch of dialects.

If you're looking for a challenge and a language that will serve you in the long run, I'll say learn Chinese (and not I'm not being partial, just pragmatic). Not only is China experiencing a boom in its economy, it is also one of the most populous country in the world.

1. Jesse Mugnier profile image73
      Jesse Mugnierposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer!

6. SUPERFLY831 profile image59
    SUPERFLY831posted 5 years ago

id say spanish..most people in the us speak english and spanish.from there you can learn whatever you feel like.but learning sanish is important.especially if you live in california or texas

working