jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it ok to legalize marijuana for recreational use?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Is it ok to legalize marijuana for recreational use?

Yes, some other countries legalize marijuana for this purpose, what is your take on this? of course we know already that it is legalize for medicinal purposes. This is in some US states.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Why not? Take it out of the hands of the criminals who are killing one another for the competition of who sales where. Plus, Tax it and tax it some more. It is shown that marijuana does not make people violent, nor does it impair their driving as alcohol does, in which drunk drivers kill thousands every year. Plus there are two many in prison for minor marijuana charges that are costing tax payers money everyday. It is merely a plant that grows in nature that does not have to be chemically altered, so why shouldn't it be legal. Look at the days of prohibition and how ridiculous that looks today.

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

it should never have been illegal is my problem. why people let governments pass laws like making pot illegal blows my mind. nothing like removing that good old "freedom of choice" from you.

4. Vik Beluso profile image74
    Vik Belusoposted 5 years ago

If it's legal to go and get a fifth of whisky and a carton of marlboros i can't see any real reason to ban any substance. I never really understood why it was illegal in the first place. It should be regulated and taxed, and taken out of the black market. I'm not sure how much money is involved in the marijuana trade, but i'm sure it would generate a great deal of tax revenue if it was legal.  This money now goes to criminal elements. 
    In any case, criminilization clearly hasn't been very effective in stopping recreational use.  Many who use it recreationally are otherwise entirely law-abiding.  Any antisocial behavior that it could theoretically lead to is already illegal.  It just makes very little sense to me.

working