Do you think recent college graduates expect to be paid more compared to their s

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 5 years ago

Do you think recent college graduates expect to be paid more compared to their senior counterparts?

Meaning, hey feel entitled because of the schooling they've been through that they expect to start off with high pay and virtually no experience.

2. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

Speaking from my own personal experience, I never expected to get paid more or even the same as others that have been in the same field with more experience.

One of the things that I wasn't prepared for however, is not others in my field; but how the economy was going to play a role in my career. I was not prepared when I graduated from my undergrad program to actually take a pay cut to move from my retail position to a position in my field that required a degree.

When I finished my graduate degree, my options did open up quite a bit in the tech world, however, the pay for entry level with a Master's Degree is much lower pay then it was 5 years ago.

3. Bri Richard profile image61
    Bri Richardposted 4 years ago

I'm sure to a certain extent some college grads get out of school expecting a job handed to them, but for the most part I believe it is the opposite.

As a recent grad, I knew that getting a job in my field would be tough, as did many of my friends. It can be a bit disheartening applying for a job and being told the position requires more years of experience, but we all have to start somewhere!

working