jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How did you cope with high school life as a teenager?

1. Rawila profile image60
    Rawilaposted 5 years ago

How did you cope with high school life as a teenager?

2. Sophia-LeAnne profile image60
    Sophia-LeAnneposted 5 years ago

I kept a small group of friends that went to middle school with me. I didn't try to get in with the popular kids, and I minded my own business. My high school days weren't bad. I was shy and quiet so I did more watching than anything. No regrets.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Not real well. I hated school anyway and it just seemed like a place for judgment. My two best friends went to other schools so for the most part until I was a senior, my high school friendships were transcient. 

I remember being not a very nice person in high school as a defense.  I wish now I could go back and just relax and enjoy it.  I did do that in my senior year. I slowed down and watched and listened to what was going on. I really looked around and realized that a huge passage was coming and that I could never go back.

I coped with it by being a typical teenager and I am sure very difficult to live with. So 3 years stunk, but the last year I enjoyed.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I was homeschooled. Mostly I just watched TV, read books, wrote stories, and had a few hobbies to keep me from being bored. If I left the house, it was to go to church twice a week, classes twice a week in the mornings, or to go shopping with my mother. My friends helped me a lot. Also, I created three fake profiles just to feel like I was connecting with someone and getting out of the house. But my books mostly held me together.

5. Trishita profile image60
    Trishitaposted 5 years ago

I don't know about the others but my few years in high  school life had been pretty bad.I had been bullied by my classmates and my confidence level had shattered.I was an extrovert  but high school made me an introvert.I am still in high school and i am in my senior year at the moment and i am just waiting for college to happen and I hope I have a better situation there.

working